Are the jumper settings not on the drive?

Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From: The Other [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 1:55 PM
To: Mandrake List
Subject: [newbie] Maxtor Hard Drive Dual-Slave Jumper Setting?

09/30/03

I have a Maxtor model 4W030H2 30GB drive I would like to make the Slave
in a
dual Master-Slave setup.

What is the correct jumper setting to make the Maxtor the Slave drive?

There are 4 pins across the top, and 5 pins across the bottom.

(Sorry, but in Outlook Express I can't seem to figure out how to post
this
in mono-space so the diagram below looks correct.)

top row:   pin1, pin2, pin3, no pin, pin5
bottom row:  pin1, pin2, pin3, pin4, pin5

This was an OEM drive I bought from a shop that was going out of
business,
and I didn't notice that at the time I bought the drive.

It came set with a jumper on (top pin 1 to bottom pin 1), and a second
jumper on (top pin 2 to top pin 3).

For the dual Slave mode, I'm currently using a jumper on (top pin 2 to
top
pin 3), and a jumper on (bottom pin 4 to bottom pin 5).  Is this
correct?

Thanks All,
"The Other" Stephen Stubbs
Champaign, IL   USA

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street