At 08:54 AM 9/30/03, The Other wrote:
I have a Maxtor model 4W030H2 30GB drive I would like to make the Slave in a
dual Master-Slave setup.

What is the correct jumper setting to make the Maxtor the Slave drive?

Most Maxtor drives have jumper settings printed on drive itself, but not always.
Google "4W030H2 master slave jumper" found many pages which led to this one:

http://www.rettesoft.hu/ftpdir/DriversMK/Maxtor/D536DX/536DX_pm.pdf

See page 2-6 (adobe page 14).

For Master of Single - place jumper on pair of pins closest to IDE connector.
For slave - remove jumper from first pair of pins next to IDE connector.

Frank