Heather/Femme wrote:
I've had instances of XMMS crashing off & on. No big deal.

Problem: it crashes and you Skull & Xbones the bugger. (Kill it with
CTRL-ESC), then try killing all the sound processes.

fine.
restart xmms, but it doesn't play or there is no sound yet its playing.

K so now what?  Well one of my lovers told me to go into the KDE Control
centre... in there find your sound settings...its the first one under
"SOUND".

now change something.  I usually enable Network sound stuff... hit
apply.

now uncheck it again & hit apply.

you can now restart xmms & the sound server *arts* will restart
automatically.  voila! sound!

odd workaround but shrugs... it works.

Michael Angelos Venus of Femme

Heather,

I had a go at this - it works for the "killing", but I still have no sound on restart! But then I never had the sound in the first place...

Just a quick query - when I get the list of applications to kill, xmms appears FIVE times on the list! I only have to kill one of them, and the rest then disappear...is this normal, or have I broken it even worse than I thought?

Margot