HaywireMac wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:56:52 -0700
Aron Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

Yeh I got one of the notices in the mail.. The Lawyers will make
millions the most I can get is a voucher $16.00 for each copy of Win$ux
$29.00 for each copy ofMicrosoft "Office " Productivity Software
$5.0 for Microsoft Word
$26.00 For Excel
Gee think I'll retire

Waitaminnit, you get more for some office components individually than Windows itself?

WTF?

Either way, this can't be good press for MS. :-D

MS Office has always cost more than Windows - a while back my mother considered spenting several hundred pounds on MS Office after going to a course on it. Fortunately someone on the course persuaded her to over-ride her conscience and install a pirated version, which got wiped after I installed a year's worth of MS security updates which made it necessary to reformat the disk and reinstall everything (no kidding!). So now she's happily using OpenOffice and has a clear conscience.

Sir Robin

--
"I can say: 'Thank these bees for their honey as though they were kind people who have
prepared it for you'; that is intelligible and describes how I should like you to conduct

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533