Charlie M. wrote:

October 6, 2003 04:01 pm, Anarky wrote:

any idea how much later the isos will be available for non members?

Read the announcement here:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/mdkisos.php3

aka: You're guess is as good as anyone's. <g>

Apparently the official line 2 weeks after the pre-sold orders are shipped which looks to be around the last week of October. Takes a while for final testing and for manufacture of the disks.

that I knew of too :)

but still .. if they'll relese them by the end of october ... awesome ... i was just saying how much cooler Mandrake is than SuSE in it's marketing approach in that it offers it's newest version even to the non-members, unlike SuSE who keeps the free legal people in the dark (ok, so unless you can afford a ftp install) ... I hope Mandrake doesn't go that way too :-(
then it would be just another service that's available just if you pay :( ... not that I have anything against the idea in general .. but I'm kinda into linux for an os for everybody ideology too :P