I'll jump into the thread without having followed it, just to add confusion :-)

My security.comf is empty, my level.local (same directory) reads:

  from mseclib import *
  enable_log_strange_packets(0)
  set_security_conf(MAIL_USER, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]")

I do get msec mails sent to the address above. I don't know what MCC shows, I did not use it to configure security, I edited level.local directly instead. Check man mseclib for details of level.local.

raffaele