On 09 Oct 2003 06:55:52 -0400
ed tharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> GNU-Linux has for a long time been able to work around bios settings,
> and not even use the bios for a lot of things, including hard drive
> access and settings (ie; hdparm over riding what ever the bios says)
> Trusted Computing is on the way, and Linux will be able to handle it
> too, in a kernel module form, I think.

Good to know, thanks. Still, it is important to keep a wary eye on MS,
Big Media, and hardware vendors. If they see Linux as a threat to their
hegemony, there's no telling what they might attempt. For example,
although Linux will always be able to bypass, say, the BIOS shenanigans,
all the while these people are slowly but surely turning the internet
into their consumerist content-delivery-system, ie. a bigger, more
flashy version of TV. It's important that the internet remain, and
GNU-Linux be involved in, a free exchange of ideas, both technical and
activist.

So what if I can run Linux as my OS if all I can do with it is play
Frozen Bubble...?

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046