Hello HaywireMac,

H> Good to know, thanks. Still, it is important to keep a wary eye on
H> MS, Big Media, and hardware vendors. If they see Linux as a threat
H> to their hegemony, there's no telling what they might attempt.

True. Suppose there is nothing at all on the MB except an encrypted
flash that responds only to the M$ key? That would sure 'protect us'
now, wouldn't it? :-(((  What could we do?

H> So what if I can run Linux as my OS if all I can do with it is play
H> Frozen Bubble...?

Authorization will be our downfall. It is also the best way for M$ to
control the net. This is the thing to watch out for. Note that the
draconian laws also address this issue, and will make it tough to get
around.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]