Greg Meyer wrote:
On Wednesday 22 October 2003 07:09 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 03:48 pm, Heather/Femme wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:20:12 -0500

Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dennis:

<SNIP>

Anyway, I am watching to see what drives actually will work and
not get fried. Thanks for the info. Makes me feel not so
stupid. --
Dennis M. linux user #180842

Plextor rocks. So does Teak & Velo.

Femme

Yes, I like Plextor. BUT, when this first came up on the cooker list, the only drives involved were LG CDroms, at $19.95, that were mostly all blacklisted by kernel.org. It's not a widespread problem. Well, other than many Linux users not being aware that not all hardware is suitable for anything but Windoze.

I had never even heard of LG Electronics before this came up.

I'm surprised to see problems with LG drives. LG usually produce cheap, robust, OS-independent hardware - in fact they're the only hardware company I've seen mentioning Linux on the box.

Sir Robin

--
"I declare this sentence a performative!"

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533