From: John Richard Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 12:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] diskdrake

Tom Brinkman wrote:

> Ok, if I understand what you want .... booting the first CD an
>
>choosing install should do it.  You're runnin from the CD,

Yes I know, but it's an awful pain method . You have to bump along all
that preamble to get to diskdrake and crash out to exit.
Not really user friendly. It needs some way of doing this properly.

Surely linux has a way of putting together a temporary kernel installing
it into memory and adding useful tool kits, like drakxtools-newt,
partimage
and all the rest. This method of doing things is much more universally
usable than working from an OS or bumping through CD1 install disc.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street