On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:52:18 -0400
Dan Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Could someone piont me to a link or such on how to set up a two
> computer network with samba on Mandrake 9.1 and windows 98se ? The win
> computer was already set up for networking in a windows enviroment
> (maybe thats the problem?) I have checked the twiki and a few other
> places and am having a heck of a time getting this to work, I think im
> just too used to the winblows way LOL

For setting up Samba on the Linux box, nothing beats Webmin. Should be
installed by default, just point your browser to:

https://localhost:10000

>From there it's pretty much self-explanatory, but if there's anything
you're not sure of, let us know!

To transfer files and mount shares, start with LinNeighborhood, if it's
not already installed, should be on the MDK CD's. You can make it even
easier and use LinNeighborhood to export a "mountscript" which will then
automagically mount the SMB shares when you need them. Mount the share
using LN, then under "options" choose "export mountscript". Then you can
bind a launcher on your panel or desktop to mount (and unmount) the
share.

If you use KDE, I believe what I described above might even be built
right into Konqueror, but, uh, I'm no expert on KDE ;-)

--
HaywireMac ++ ICQ # 279518458
Registered Linux user #282046