On Thursday 23 Oct 2003 9:14 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
>SNIP
> >
> > Open a terminal window enter
> > su <enter>  followed by your root password.
> > (This makes you root user)
> > Now type
> >
> > urpmi.addmedia Club
> > http://user_name:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/downloads2/comm/9.2
> > with ./hdlist.cz
> >
> > (that command is all one line)
> > Substitite your Club username and password

> Derek, I never got round to doing this, so I just tried it - got
> problem reading synthesis file of medium "Club"
> unable to update medium "Club"
>
> Isn't it necessary to do some sort of login for the club downloads?
>
> Anne

The "user_name:password" is the log in. Naturally it must be a valid
combination.

BTW: That link I gave was of course for 9.2. If you are using 9.1 then
substitute 9.1 in the URL.
If you are running 9.1, and have never performed any updates from the Mandrake
update server, then your urpmi package has a bug which will stop downloads
from Mandrake Club working.

As a workaround use the command
urpmi.addmedia Club --wget
http://user_name:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/downloads2/comm/9.1 with
./hdlist.cz

If you have an update mirror defined then :-
urpmi urpmi
will update urpmi itself, and the workaround is no longer needed.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net