Warren Post wrote:

El mié, 22-10-2003 a las 13:01, John Richard Smith escribió:

Other factors,
Line quality,

Well, that's probably it then. The problem is more acute when it's raining, and I'm dialing in over phone lines that our government telco splices with masking tape. Guess I'm just going to have to learn to be more patient. Ah, the joys of government monopolies.

I know what you mean . Until privatisation the then GPO came along and dug my road up 10 times a year repairing rain faulted connections, after privatising it to BT, we pointed out the rate of repair and they replaced the entire line one weekend, and they haven't had to come again in over 10 years.What is more they now have 10 times as many customers and lines in use.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]