I hope you don't mind to answer this question. I know it has been
answered a billion times but It's just I used to have a Cable-Modem
connection, but now I have to configure my internet con. with kppp.

The whole thing goes just find (the modem answers to a query) until I
tried to connect... then the following message appears:

localhost pppd[XXXX]: The remote system is required to authenticate
itself but I
localhost pppd[XXXX]: couldn't find any secret (password) which would
let it use an IP address.

What am I doing wrong? Could you please answer to this question one more
time.