Sharrea Day wrote:

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:59, eric wrote:

Franki wrote:
I tried the suggestion shown below with no luck. I'm using 9.1, if that
matters.

Boot from the mandrake CD1

I did that

press F1 for more options and then enter rescue at the prompt.

I did that

when it comes up, in rescue mode, type: chroot /mnt

This didn't work. When it came up in resue mode, I chose "console" and then entered, chroot/mnt. I got an error. "bash no such file or directory" I got help for chroot. It says, chroot NEWROOT [options] or chroot command. Chroot gives me an error, "no such directory as NEWROOT"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Follow Franki's instructions but ignore the chroot /mnt part and instead choose "Mount your partitions in /mnt" from the menu that comes up.

Then when it goes back to this same menu choose "Go to console".

Continue with Franki's instructions.

Sharrea

Oh well, I was close, its good to know mandrake have not totally changed the way it works.

rgds

Franki

--
Please sign our petition to encourage notebook manufacturers to offer video card upgrades just like desktops.
http://www.petitiononline.com/inspiron/petition.html

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff, visit:
http://htmlfixit.com, Free web developer resources.