S. Wieland wrote:
I think its best for me to get a book to help me with learning mandrake 9.1/linux in general. MI'm ccompletely new to linux and would say I'm an intermediate - advanced windows user. I'm bad with technical jargon like math books, so a nice easy guide would help me the best. Any suggestions? How is the 'The Definitive Guide to Using Mandrake Linux' i see on their store web site? I see that you can get the one with the included cd's or dvd. Anyone have experience with those?
Thanks
boardrider

I haven't had time to go through it fully yet as it only arrived yesterday from Amazon, but I'd recommend Moving to Linux - Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye by Marcel Gagne.

I wish I'd had this book ten months ago when I started with Mandrake - would have saved me asking so many stupid question on this list! Explains everything in language that is easy to understand for someone like me - experienced with Windows but hoping to give it up! - good screenshots, and though it is not Mandrake-specific there are plenty of references to Mandrake.

It comes with a Knoppix CD which I haven't tested yet.

Margot