Tom Brinkman wrote:

That would be a safe bet. I checked those packages on my system. My intscripts is newer, bootloader is the same version. I'm running 9.2+cooker updates.

Why, what need do you have to change kernels John?

To build up the media side of my main OS, get better performance.
One example, when mencoder is running it takes everything the processor has,
but , and I say this with a certain intrepidtude, the OS thinks Athlon1200, but I
have Athlon1800.Somehow I'm suspicious. Maybe nothing in it.But I'm guessing
the "build" isn't optimised to my processor, and in any case I felt curious.I just
thought I'd give it a whirl to see what it does. No harm in that.

Still , M9.2 will be out soon.

John

--
John Richard Smith