Todd Slater wrote:

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 12:38:46AM +0200, Anarky wrote:

Todd Slater wrote:

I think you dind't understand my question very well. I'm quite happy with editing the setings in the file .. what I mean is ... it would be cool if I could specify that quality is 4 for everything but the "like" folder, for which it's 5.
but don't worry about it. Thanks a LOT. you've helped me hugelly. thanks. big satisfaction. Asked Sebastian Trueg (K3b author) and ogg works fine with k3b .. so now I'm all set for the big conversion :)

Oh, I understand. This one does that, just set the path for high quality
encoding folder. High is 5, regular is 4. If you want to change those
values, there are two places for it in the script--the section for mp3s
without id3 tags and the section for those with id3 tags.

thanks :) I've already started working on it from last night .. copied the script to 5 names for the 5 types of categories, set for each one quality & dir .. and then made a mega script calling each of these :) .. so it's been workign hard since last night .. and will be workign for a long time now ;) it feels sooo good to know my computer workign hard :)

The conversions are generally quite cool .. only one thing is a problem for me: the output is of the form
"some number - song - album - band" .. isn't there some way I could get rid of the some number part?