On Monday 03 November 2003 08:38 am, HaywireMac wrote:

> How could anyone *ever* need more than 80GB...? LOL! Ya, I'm such a
> dolt, when I installed 9.1 I split the 60GB evenly between / and /home,
> like I need 30GB for the system, what a maroon...

Well...ya know how space is... :-)

Personally, I always divide mine like this:

/
/backup
/usr
/var
/home

Works good for me. :-)

> 'm also gonna reinstall my server *without* KDE, and make a nice big
> /home partition, it'll make a great dedicated P2P, web, and mail server.
> All it'll need is Apache, the Gnome libs so's I can at least have a
> basic WM over VNC, lean and mean. Run MLDonkey and Ralph Slooten's
> Direct Connect stuff, I'll really be stickin' it to the MPAA!

Let me tell you about something scary that just happened to my younger
brother. We are with Charter.net, broadband, and he uses Windows XP. He d/l's
lots of newer movies and he got a letter from them this week, naming a
specific movie he had downloaded (TombRaider 2), and essentially telling him
to "cease and desist" or face the loss of his account and possibly further
legal action. He uses BitTorrent for p2p.

So how did they catch him? Packet sniffing the stream or what?

This is from the same company that is willing to spend millions to fight the
RIAA, to keep from turning over their user lists because they believe its
unconstitutional.

Perhaps this is part of their planned defense in court: "look your honor, here
are examples of how we are policing ourselves - no need for outside
interference". Possibility?

What do you guys think?

--

                                                          /\