On November 2, 2003 04:18 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 02 November 2003 07:11 pm, HaywireMac wrote:
> > I'm shocked that the public release of the ISO's will be pushed back to
> > December, tha's fer sher.
>
> I imagine we will start to see all kinds of criticism about that too.  And
> it is probably the same people that would have complained if they released
> them on time with the LG problem in the kernel.

Oh, Mandrake will, no doubt about it.   Whether it's deserved or not is
another thing.  Hell of a way to announce it though.

The only thing I can think of is that there is more to this than just a
patched kernel which has already been released. Gael's post hints as much.
And that's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on what else is
holding it up.  My sincerest hope is that the surprise that's hinted at is a
good one and will make a nice Christmas or New Years gift.

Sadly, posts like that feed the rumour mill of the ignorant, the author of
that article springs to mind, and result in very little but bad publicity.
In fact the hold up itself will hence my probable need to migrate a system or
two I support from MDK to something else if it gets too bad.  These people
are serious, nervous newbies who are betting their small businesses on Linux
in general and MDK in particular.

Personally, I'll stick with it.  Professionally may be something I have little
or no control over.

Oh, and I'll bet that competing distros and the Evil Empire will be making hay
on this one, too.

ttfn

John