On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:02:48 -0500
"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Let me tell you about something scary that just happened to my younger
>
> brother. We are with Charter.net, broadband, and he uses Windows XP.
> He d/l's lots of newer movies and he got a letter from them this week,
> naming a specific movie he had downloaded (TombRaider 2), and
> essentially telling him to "cease and desist" or face the loss of his
> account and possibly further legal action. He uses BitTorrent for p2p.

Ah, whatever, I'd be more than happy to have my day in court, I'd be a
celebrity here in Toronto, LOL! Get the EFF and a friend of mine on the
CCLU in on it, it'd be a gas.

The MPAA and RIAA had their chance, when Napster and Scour proposed a
licensing deal where people could download movies and music at a
reasonably cost. Unfortunately, that cuts out the middlemen in the
Marketing and Distribution side 'o things, so they're intent on
preserving a model that is no longer feasible or relevant. To hell with
'em all, it's fair game now.

--
HaywireMac ++ ICQ # 279518458
Registered Linux user #282046