Hi,

I have a weird sound problem.
I am running Mandrake 9.1 on a new Dell desktop. My sound card is an original Sound Blaster 16 PCI (that I bought separately). After installing Mandrake, the sound card has been detected (es1371) and the module is loaded (when I check with lsmod)automatically. However, no sound and the volumes are NOT mutted. Here is the weird stuffs. Each time I run draksound, and after choosing the right module, the sound is now working, but after a reboot, no more sound. I have to rerun draksound to have sound.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Sébastien Plante

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca