On Wednesday 05 November 2003 07:16 pm, robin wrote:

<snip>
> <grammarnazi> It's "viruses", not "vira". "Vira" would be the
> plural of "virum", not "virus". "Virii" is also wrong (it
> would be the plural of "virius"). "Viri" would be possible,
> though I've never seen it in a dictionary.</grammarnazi>
</snip>

Acknowledged, sir Robin. Naturally Latin doesn't have a plural
form of "virus" (the Romans were happy). However, "viruses" is
the anglicized version and thus appropriate here. In Denmark we
use "vira" although I don't know why. Thanks for the correction.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*This mail was sent from a 100 % Microsoft free computer*