Hi guys (and ladies.)

I have just been trialing apache2 on mdk9.2 to replace my trusty 9.0 apache 1.3 web server.
(for htmlfixit.com and all my other domains.)

anyway, I have an Athlon XP server to replace the old one and 9.2 went on it perfectly.

Got apache2 fired up with my apache 1.3 Vhosts.conf file no problems..

Then I tried to access one of the hosts..

When I try to do it as normal http I get this message:
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

When called as https, it works fine. (using the advx temp test server cert)...
The perl and php and shtml stuff all works fine.

I'd like to have this work as normal http if I can.

Anyone know of what I should be doing? I was pretty familiar with apache 1.3 but this is my first look at apache2.

regards

Franki

--
Please sign our petition to encourage notebook manufacturers to offer video card upgrades just like desktops.
http://www.petitiononline.com/inspiron/petition.html

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff, visit:
http://htmlfixit.com, Free web developer resources.