On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 04:22, Franki wrote:
> Hi guys (and ladies.)
>
> I have just been trialing apache2 on mdk9.2 to replace my trusty 9.0
> apache 1.3 web server.
> (for htmlfixit.com and all my other domains.)
>

> anyway, I have an Athlon XP server to replace the old one and 9.2 went
> on it perfectly.
>
> Got apache2 fired up with my apache 1.3 Vhosts.conf file no problems..
>

> Then I tried to access one of the hosts..
>
> When I try to do it as normal http I get this message:
> Bad Request
> Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
> Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.
>
> When called as https, it works fine. (using the advx temp test server
> cert)...
> The perl and php and shtml stuff all works fine.
>
> I'd like to have this work as normal http if I can.
>
> Anyone know of what I should be doing?  I was pretty familiar with
> apache 1.3 but this is my first look at apache2.
>

> regards
>
> Franki

Any virtual host using SSL has to be defined twice. The one that tells
Apache to use HTTP is in Vhosts and looks like:

<VirtualHost *:80>
   <IfDefine SSL>
       SSLEngine off
    </IfDefine>
    DocumentRoot /path/to/your/site
    ServerName www.yoursite.com
</VirtualHost>

You got the SSL one already working. I guess is in conf.d/ssl-xxxx.conf
(Sorry, I install Apache 2 from tarball which uses ssl.conf in conf/).

HTH

Adolfo