On Sunday 09 Nov 2003 10:36 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 09 Nov 2003 2:36 am, aronsmith wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 November 2003 06:25 pm, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> > > 5. Mandrake's marketing guy says, "No big deal."
> > > Huh?
> >
> > Cash poor companies have done dumber things
>
> I wouldn't have thought anyone could stop them marketing dealerships,
> but they should not be able to claim exclusive dealerships, since
> anyone can legally distribute.  At least, that's my reading.

Nothing about them as a wholesaler or reseller on MandrakeSoft's site.
Anyway, that should only apply to MandrakeSoft boxed packages, not download
editions.

MandrakeSoft should kick them out for this scam. Maybe they already have; (it
has been 4 days since François's post.) This weakens the GPL at a time it
doesn't need it.

--
Richard Urwin