On Tuesday 11 November 2003 03:46 am, Marc wrote:
>  Not all that odd at all. A classic case of TVI ( TV interference )
> And there could be a number of causes. Do you have any kind of a
> large plastic window cut into your computer like a lot of folks do
> for game machines, that could be a factor. What you have is a signal
> escaping from your computer and probably mixing with an other signal
> producing a sum and difference frequency that is in the reception
> range of your TV or cable box. If you want to stop this signal
> leakage go to Radio Shack or a good electronics suppler and get some
> ferrite beads to go around any cables coming out of your computer.
> Power cord speakers, printer cable etc. Put the ferrite beads on the
> cables as close to the computer as possible and the problem will
> probably dissapear.  This is the short quick explanation. Whole books
> have been written about this sort of problem so needless to say I
> don't have the space to go into all the detail here.

my computer is in a cabinet in my desk, solid box, no plastic windows or
anything like that.  the nearest TV is directly above me in a bedroom, and
there's 2 walls between the computer and the TV in the living room.  so
nothing is extremely close to it.

the strangest part though, was that was was coming through the speakers was
NOT on the TV at the time.  the audio from a Discovery Channel show on the
Loch Ness monster was coming through, but when i ran into the next room and
switched the TV to discovery channel, that show wasn't on.

maybe i have found the loch ness monster....it's living in my computer
desk....lol

thanks Marc.

Mike