Derek Jennings wrote:
On Friday 14 Nov 2003 10:52 pm, Margot wrote:

Still puzzled though - even though 'updatedb' was the wrong command for
what I wanted to do, as it is a valid command, why didn't it run? Even
though it would not have done what I wanted, surely it should have done
*something*?

Margot

It is only a valid command if the 'slocate' package is installed, and you are root.

Install it. It is really useful :-)

derek

Thanks again Derek - I used to have slocate installed for 9.0, but I must have missed it out when installing 9.2!

Margot