On Sunday 16 November 2003 04:58 am, Maureen L. Thomas wrote:
> I installed 9.2 from the powerpack disks I purchased.  A few quirks but
> it went well.  I had already downloaded all the security updates and bug
> fixes so I skipped it during install.  Finished the install and went for
> the updates.  They all took and they all said invalid key.  I used my
> laptop and redownloaded them through 9.1.  I still got the invalid key
> thing but I said yes and all was fine until I had to reboot the
> machine.  I had installed the updated kernel so I had to reboot.  Using
> Grub for the bootloader.  I got an error 13, no file found on both the
> original kernel and the new kernel and the failsafe.  I tried everything
> and finaly just did an update version from the install.  Now I am not
> sure if the machine will reboot or not.  I checked and all the files are
> in boot for both kernels.  Grub points to them  so what is wrong?  Has
> anyone else had this problem?  I am using an AMD 850Mhz, 2 western
> digital harddrives, 1 cd rom and 1 cd burner, a USB zip 250, which all
> showed up right and I can access all of them.   Any help would be
> appreciated.  TIA, Maureen
The invalid key entry was not a problem with the packages, but you did not
have the Mandrake Security Team key in your keyring.  urpmi automatically
adds the key when you set up a urpmi source, but you have to add it manually
if you don't use urpmi.  If you download the updates to a local source, also
include the ../base directory, because that includes the key and then you can
just use urpmi.addmedia

urpmi.addmedia --update updates file://path/to/updates with ../base/hdlist.cz

Now keep the local directory synched with a mirror and periodically run
'urpmi.update --update && urpmi --auto-select --update'

I am not sure about the boot problem, I'd like to see your /boot/grub/menu.lst
and the contents of your /boot directory.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx