On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:34, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Hey guys - I've got something strange going on. I'm trying to download
> the 9.2 ISOs from the US/Indiana mirror, and I can't quite get it to work
> right. I'll start the download with Mozilla, check the box for the
> download dialog box to stay open after downloading, then let it run. I've
> got broadband, and am getting about 216k/s download speeds (roughly 55
> mins per ISO). However, what happens is that Mozilla downloads, the box
> shows 100 percent, progress bar all the way over, but when I check the
> ISO itself, its like 270 megs one time, then 384 megs the next time. Even
> though Mozilla says its 100 percent downloaded.
>
> I've never had this happen before - any ideas? Thanks.

Sorry, don't know much 'bout downloading with mozilla which I don't have
much luck with anyway, but...

>From what I've heard, using a browser to download large files is not a good
idea.  Use and ftp client or a downloader app like d4x.  Personally I use
d4x (Downloader for X) which I've never had a problem with and supports
resuming downloads.

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today