John Richard Smith wrote:
Langsley T Russell wrote:

Hi all.

I finally got 9.2 installed yesterday. It has so many changes it's
almost like learning a new distro. I'm sure I'll have many questions in
the coming weeks, but for now my question is: How do I connect to the
Internet from my desk top. At this point my only choice is to open the
Mandrake Control Center> select Networking> and click on the
connect/disconnect button. There just has to be an easier way.

Assuming that your on dial-up,
merely open kppp by,
kstart-networking-remote access-kppp
then settings,
manually complete them, using past examples.

There ought to be a backfile somewhere but I cannot find it ?
since kppp became part of kde.

Another solution is to use wvdial (it's on the install CDs). Edit /etc/wvdial.conf to give your login and server details. It has some pretty good heuristics to give the right responses to most servers. Run it from the command line (just type wvdial), then once you've got it working, add /usr/bin/wvdial to one of your rc files if you want to connect automatically on boot.

Sir Robin

--
"Certitude is possible for those who only own one encyclopedia."
- Robert Anton Wilson

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi