On Monday 24 November 2003 10:44 pm, Andrew  Mann wrote:
> [...]

    Thanks for the mencoder CL. I'll play around with it and see
what kind of results I get.  As to what causes out of sync, heck
I dunno, other than it's a problem with some encodes. I always
figured it had something to do with the original source, since I
get a lot of my movies from usenet newsgroups, and I'm then at
the mercy of how the person that uploaded them, encoded them.

    My best suggestion is to lurk for a while on the mplayer user
mailing list.  Then ask there.  Be ready for some rough treatment
tho if you perchance ask a dumb question, or some yahoo decides
it's dumb. It's a knowledgable, but not very civilized source of
info. A lot of RTFM replies. A lot of "use the latest cvs source,
last week's sux". Specially from the developers. Like the cooker
list, support for prior versions is disdained, they want current
version bug reports.

    I stay close to current by using cooker. There's way too
many ./configure options to deal with, compling from source. Some
post ./config options that are 3 to 4 lines long.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas