Tom Brinkman wrote:

On Monday 24 November 2003 10:44 pm, Andrew Mann wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Brinkman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

What CL syntax are you usin with mencoder to do this? I'm
mostly just curious as I only recently got a DVD/CDrom
myself.

The command I use is

mencoder dvd://$DVDTRACK1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=$BITRATE -oac mp3lame -forceidx
-lameopts br=96:cbr -alang en -o $FILENAME1.avi
The reason for the $DVDTRACK1 etc is because i use a bash
script to run it, as follows

[snip]

I know we linux geeks all love CLI but... using DVD::Rip is a much easier way to get a good rip in linux. If i remember correctly it detects any delay needed for the audio stream and sets it automagically, avoiding sync problems. I know rpms are out there that work for 9.2 because I used them to install it. Anyone interested in using them should be prepared to manually chase down some dependencies; IIRC I had to place some in a localRPMS folder I defined as a source for urpmi. Good luck!