On Friday 28 Nov 2003 10:30 pm, Langsley T Russell wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm running 9.2 and when I try to run the update from the control center
> it tells me that I have at least one selected media but that they are
> all disabled. When I go to the Software Media Manager as directed to
> enable the media. They are all marked enabled. I've tried unchecking
> them one at a time then rechecking them and trying again but I still get
> the message, that they are all disabled. I've even done a couple of
> reboots over a couple of days but I still get the same "all
> disabled"message.  What can I do to correct this and get my installation
> of ML-9.2 updated with the latest patches??
> TIA
>
> LTR  }}:{(
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Do you actually have an 'update' media defined?

Go here http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php and follow the instructions to
add an 'update' media source. While you are there add  a source for 'plf' and
'contrib' as well and you will be able to install 100's of cool extra
applications online.

Note: Do *not* do what it says about " urpmi.removemedia -a" or else you will
lose your CD sources.

Note: The web page will give you a command to copy and paste into a terminal
window. The window has to be a 'root' window. Type 'su' in a regular terminal
window to become root.
Copy/paste in Linux is mouse highlight/wheel click

Note: If you do not want to use the command line install the urpmi.update
package from your CDs using the Mandrake Software manager.
Then run urpmi.update and a nice little GUI will guide you through adding
sources.

HTH

derek
--