On Saturday 29 Nov 2003 1:13 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2003 23:53, Derek Jennings wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > The advantage is that I do not have to explain how to put the CD
> > sources back again ;-)
>
> </snip>
>
> Which brings up a rather naive question :
>
> Let's say a newbie leaves his original CD sources "as is" and then
> decides to add some more, following your excellent advice, Derek.
> Then, being on the "easy urpmi"- site, he/she -accidentally defines
> "main" once again, this time from some mirror on the net. Now, our
> newbie has two sources for "main".
>
> What happens ? - Will urpmi get confused ? - Or just spit out a
> message like : "you idiot, why bother me with two identical
> sources, waisting my time ? - Do you want to shuffle CD's or watch
> the blinkenlights on your modem ?"
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

I don't know. Want to try it and tell us?

At a guess I would say it would prefer the CD sources.

Of course your question is actually rhetorical since the CDs and 'main' are
not actually identical.  'Main' contains the  kernel-source package which is
not on the CDs.  (Although it is  superceded by the one in 'updates' )

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net