Hi, on my prior Mandrake sistems (9.1,9.0,8....)
if you whant to use the DHCP option, you must have a
HDCP server that provides you the control of the
addresses over youre net.

So if you don't have it, the easyest thing you can do
is use the static ip address assigned by youre selfe.

For using the linux PC as a server it must have the 2
network cards on it and one must be connected to the
adsl device and the other to youre network hub or
switch.  then use the DrackGW option of the mandrake
control center on Networks and Internet.  This is and
wizz that will guide you to the sucssesfull internet
sharring.

(my english isn't good at all but i'll do my best to
help you.)

     Cdrack.

--- Chris Savchick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have Mandrake Linux 9.2 up and running on a PC I
> hope to use as a file
> server.  I have two additional PCs running Windows
> 98SE in a peer-to-peer
> network configuration.  One of them also supplies an
> ADSL connection to all
> PCs in my network (I used to have 3 running 98).
> The ADSL PC runs WinRoute
> Lite, acting as a DHCP server, to accomplish the
> internet sharing.
> (Ultimately, I'd like the Linux PC to do that and
> act as a firewall as well,
> but one thing at a time here!)
>
> I am having a hard time getting my Linux PC on my
> windows network, to say
> nothing of getting it internet access.  In the LAN
> configuration screen, I
> set my NIC to DHCP and click "Activate," but I get
> nothing.  I must be
> missing something... any ideas? Is there a good
> tutorial available somewhere
> that tells me how to accomplish this?  Any common
> problems I need to be
> aware of?  Linux is completely foreign to me!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?