I have Mandrake Linux 9.2 up and running on a PC I hope to use as a file
server.  I have two additional PCs running Windows 98SE in a peer-to-peer
network configuration.  One of them also supplies an ADSL connection to all
PCs in my network (I used to have 3 running 98).  The ADSL PC runs WinRoute
Lite, acting as a DHCP server, to accomplish the internet sharing.
(Ultimately, I'd like the Linux PC to do that and act as a firewall as well,
but one thing at a time here!)

I am having a hard time getting my Linux PC on my windows network, to say
nothing of getting it internet access.  In the LAN configuration screen, I
set my NIC to DHCP and click "Activate," but I get nothing.  I must be
missing something... any ideas? Is there a good tutorial available somewhere
that tells me how to accomplish this?  Any common problems I need to be
aware of?  Linux is completely foreign to me!!!

Thanks,
Chris