On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:22:18 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 06 Dec 2003 5:26 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> >
> > Warning - There is a wizard in Mandrake Control Centre to set up
> > an ntp server (if you install drakwizard rpm), but it has  a bug
> > in it in 9.2 and will fsck up your timezone. (The developers are
> > aware)
> >
> I presume that Webmin is still available in 9.2?  You can easily
> set it up there.  And see also http://www.ntp.org/ - Network Time
> Protocol page, including lists of time servers

I'm still working in 9.1.

I used the wizard in Mandrake Control Centre to set up the ntpd
daemon.

I also installed the ntp rpm.   I could run the ntpdate command with
a local timeserver specified and the time would update.

When I installed the ntpd daemon, I could no longer run the ntpdate
command, because the daemon was running.

So at this point I'm assuming that while I'm connected to the
Internet with the modem, the ntpd daemon is checking the time.

But.....
I don't have man or info pages installed for ntp or the ntpd daemon.
 It would be nice to see if I can change the default settings on how
often it checks for the time.  Any ideas where the documentation may
be found?

Thanks,
The Other