hey i don't think that's a contact mather.....!!!!

The maxtors harddrives are a litle self exlcludent
thats why you can only see one of them at any
configuration you use... i recommend you use separated
ide cables for each one and you will see them work
fine... try this before doing some thing else with the
jumpers...

                Cdrack.

http://maxtor.com/en/documentation/installation_guides/ata_installation_guide.pdf

> > The errors were:
> > 1. If I set hdd #1 as master and hdd #2 as slave,
> BIOS only recognise
> > hdd #1
> > 2. If I set both hdd as cable select then only hdd
> #2 is recognised.
> > 3. If I set hdd #1 as slave and hdd #2 as
> slave/cable select ( I know
> > this is wrong), then only hdd #1 is recognised (as
> slave).
> >
> > This maxtor jumper settings really pissed me off!
> I don't have this
> > kind of trouble if I use maxtor and seagate. Is
> maxtor and maxtor
> > really can't be used together?
> >
> > Any opinion? Any experiences?
> > Pls help me. Thanks.
> > Fajar.
> >

> Fajar,
>
> I've had this trouble and the problem turned out to
> be that one of the
> jumper blocks wasn't making good contact with the
> pins.  Verify that
> there is actually some _metal_ in the plastic
> jumper, or better yet, get
> some new jumper blocks.
>
> --
> N. B. Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Physics Department, University of New Orleans
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?