On Tuesday 09 December 2003 05:57 pm, Charlie Mahan wrote:

> Tuesday 09 December 2003 3:32 pm, Charlie wrote:

> > > Any opinion? Any experiences?
> > > Pls help me. Thanks.
> > > Fajar.

>>> whack again

> I think something else is the root of the problem. I've
> seen people have screaming fits when setting jumpers on Maxtor drives since
> the diagrams on their web site suck. Just be certain you slide the jumpers
> on the correct pins.
>
> Charlie

Fajar:
Another shot in the dark: Maxtor uses a number of different jumper
configurations, and the differences between them are not always easy to
discern (especially with these tired old eyes). In particular, Maxtor's style
A is especially easy to get wrong way around. It has two rows of five pins
each, with the fourth pin in the top row missing. It's easy to get top and
bottom confused, especially if you install the jumpers before you put the
drives in the case.

If your drives are not identical, it's possible that they could have different
jumpering.

-- cmg