Tom Brinkman wrote:

I think you've got it fixed, tho I would'a used 'rpm -ivh --force kernel-2.4.21-0.13mdk..rpm' The addition of force would insure that all the needed files and dirs for the kernel are replaced. You can still do it, and I suggest you do. This is about the only proper use of --force, ie, to replace files and packages for existing packages, in this case the kernel. (see 'man rpm').

If you're worried that this kernel won't boot, as already suggested, just install the updated kernel along side the old. Then you'll have two to boot to. You really should be usin the updated kernel anyhow

Thanks Tom, I knew you would know.
I'm going to do both, seems sensible.
Just waiting for my slow coach download to complete ,
it's  a 35 MB kernel source kernel, the only one I could find.

Tom, will my nvidia drivers be there as well ? or will I have ro reinstall them as well ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]