On Tuesday 09 December 2003 03:27 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Tom, will my nvidia drivers be there as well ?
> or will I have ro reinstall them as well ?
>
> John

     I don't use 'em. Tho I have a GeF4, I use the XFree driver,
better 2d performance no imported bug/security/licensing/kernel
worries. BTW, there's an interesting thread concerning (nVidia's)
binary only modules and the GPL kernel going on at lkml.

    To answer your question tho, any time you change kernels you
risk breaking binary only proprietary modules, drivers and
applications of any sort.  So the answer is yes, particularly
with nVidia's modules.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas