Richard Urwin wrote:

This isn't a problem with Mozilla, it's a problem with your mail client.

The point being that Mozilla is the mail client.

Without built-in intelligent handling of common business document types,
there simply can't be any kind of desktop Linux migration.I'm rather
confused why it doesn't work in KDE right out of the 'box'. The users
will simply say 'No Way, We want Windows back.'

Outlook has the same problem. There is really no way for a mail client to detect the end of a URL except by the first space.

HTML mail with properly encoded URL links should also work.

I'm not referring to URLs. I'm referring to files attached to emails, quite often sent out by users employed by various other agencies over whom I have no influence, let alone control.

--Adrian