Damn it is NTFS. I'll just have to work out how to Detect my linux boot on the windows OS then, if thats possible, or else ill have to write a CDRW each time i want to transfer files...

From: Bryan Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Changing Permissions for Windows hd
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:20:56 -0500

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 10:59 am, Martin Brandt wrote:
> Hey, im trying to change the permissions for my windows partition so that i
> can write into it on a normal user. Atm i can't even write onto it via
> root, and it wont let me change the permissions on root either.
> Ive tried going onto the windows boot and sharing the Partition but it says
> its only for admins blah blah. I then tried to share a directory in it, but
> when i went back to the linux root there was not difference.
> What do i have to do?

If it is an NTFS partition, it is mounted read-only because writing to NTFS is
still experimental in Linux.

If it is FAT32, you need to set the umask=0 flag in /etc/fstab so that users
can write to it. Since you can't write to it as root, I figure it is
probably NTFS. It is not recommended to use Linux to write to NTFS.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer

Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you. http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess