Partition magic here i come...

From: Kaj Haulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Changing Permissions for Windows hd
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:35:05 +0000

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 16:25, Martin Brandt wrote:
> Damn it is NTFS. I'll just have to work out how to Detect my
> linux boot on the windows OS then, if thats possible, or else ill
> have to write a CDRW each time i want to transfer files...

Nope, Martin. Not necessarily. There is a common denominator for
Windows and Linux. Both can read and write to FAT32 (vfat).
If you can create a smallish FAT32 partition, you are done.

Don't know though, if Windows can "see" beyond any Linux partitions,
so if possible, create the FAT32 partition bettween those
filesystems.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
** Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer **

Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger