Derek wrote:
> It could also be your logs have reached a vast size. Look in /var/log  for
> huge log files.  To stop your log files becoming huge install the anacron
> package. It will make the 'logrotate' job run daily to compress and delete
> old logs.
>
> derek

This is how I solved my log problem back in the old days, with a really small
HD.  As root, I edited my  /etc/logrotate.conf

I changed anything "monthly" to "weekly"
I changed anything "weekly" to "daily"

If it says "rotate 4" I changed it to "rotate 1"

Who needs all that log info anyway--you ain't administering a server, are you?

e.