At 08:15 AM 12/18/2003 +0000, you wrote:
On Thursday 18 Dec 2003 1:54 am, Pat Patterson wrote:
> I have been trying to get samba fully functional for a couple of
> months now and it has been driving me crazy. My internet connection
> worked. The Samba server worked but for some unknown reason that I
> researched thoroughly, only some of the machines on my network
> could be reached from the linux box.
>
> Finally just for the heck of it I disabled the onboard  nic (ASUS
> a7v600-3COM 3C940 )and put in another.
>   I was so proud of the on board nic because it was my first
> attempt at installing something that was not in RPM form. Oh well.
> Anyhow, this is a great board for linux but the Asus supplied
> 3com2000 driver is either partially bad or I did not install it
> right.
>
> Thought I would just add this to the record for future reference
> for others.

I think it may be helpful to have a note about this on the TWiki -
http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/MotherBoards and also a link
made from the FiveStarNews page.  Can you do that, please?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302

Anne, I added it to the twiki page but I am not familiar with FiveStar. Pat