On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> This then begs the question, what if the host site you're visiting does
> not have that level of encryption?  What purpose does it serve then?
>
> And what if it's using a totally different encryption algorithm from
> Fortify's?

As I understand it, you get 128-bit encryption whether or
not you're using a 40-bit encryption server or 128-bit
encryption server.

As for the encryption algorithm, I think those are pretty
standard....or else Fortify is using ALL of them. You'll
have to check out Fortify's website to get the answers. I
don't know the answers to all your questions.
        John