I have heard that nvidia graphic cards usually work
better under linux and mandrake already includes them
in the power pack version like the ati drivers. Do you
know about if they are trouble free unlike the ati
cards? I am thinking to buy one and sell out my ati
card. Financially this is not much loss.
  Regards,  Ramin

 --- "E. Hines" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I had
problems with the Mobility version of this
> card on a laptop.  There is
> something wrong with the "dri" (direct rendering)
> implementation with the
> drivers, but I haven't heard that the problem
> extends beyond the mobility
> chip.  My lockups would occur at shutdown, however,
> and only very rarely
> during use.  Just as a test, you might try
> commenting out the # Load "dri"
> line in your xconfig-4 "Module" section, to see if
> the problem might go away.
> GLX doesn't look too good if your system acts up
> running gears, either, but
> one thing at a time.
>
> Perhaps SuSe is writing the xconfig-4 file for the
> Radeon somewhat differently
> than Mandrake does it?  For the record, I like SuSe
> a lot, but use Mandrake
> because I like the Mandrake config tools better than
> YAST.

> On Saturday 20 December 2003 07:46 am, Ramin M
> wrote:
>
> >   Another problem during the installation was that
> the
> > second time that i installed mk9.2 (i had to do
> this
> > for some reason), it detected two graphic cards on
> my
> > machine (on pci buses 1:5:0 and 1:5:1) where there
> is
> > only one graphic card. Running glxgears after the
> > first installation was giving me 2600fps and now
> after
> > the second installation it gives 1900fps. Besides
> > running glxgears now causes lines of lights
> flashing
> > on my monitor and make the OS very unstable. I
> just
> > removed the lines related to the second graphic
> card
> > in etc/x11/xconfig-4 file and the xwindows is
> still
> > working. So the problem might be related to this
> bad
> > detection of the graphic card!
> >
> >   My hardwares are as follows:
> > motherboard: Asus A7M266-D
> > CPU: MP2000 dual processor
> > sound card: sound blaster live! (dolby 5.1)
> > graphic card: ATI 9000pro
>

> > scsi adapter: Adatec 29160 U160
> > three scsi hard disks from fujitsu and seagate 15k
> and
> > 10k rpms.
> > minolta scan elite scsi scanner
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from