I've had the same problem. I installed 9.2 download edition, then installed security and bugfixes through MCC (but not the kernel, since I don't have an LG drive), and experienced three system freezes in a row.

Since other MDK releases were rock solid, and it was the first time that I tried the online upgrading process, I reinstalled 9.2 download edition and did not upgrade security and bugfixes. Now it is as stable as it should be.

So I concluded there was a problem with the security and bugfixes download, or that the fixes themselves where not tested enough.

raffaele

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
I am new to the list and mandrake. More than a year
ago, i tried with mandrake 9.0 for a short time and
decided that i prefered suse. Recently i decided to try mandrake once again. I
became a silver member of mandrake club and downlowd
the powerpack 3 CD version and installed it. The
installation seemed very smooth much better than 9.0
where erased the entire partion table on my machine
several times. THe only wrong thing with installtion
was that on default the users are not given write
permision to the home directory! So i have to first log in as root and change the write permission. The
sound is by default mute. I have to change the sound
to advanced linux sound system to have it work and
unmute the sounds!
Then i did upgrading through internet. About 300MB
download.
Right now my main problem is that it freezes so
often. It freezes when i am just in konqueror or
mozilla serfing the web! The whole OS freezes. No
mouse, or keyboard functioning! Even ctrl+alt+F1
to switch to run level one does not work. It freezed
also once after i ran a command in the terminal to add
a ftp address to the list of download mirror sites. If
somebody can tell me where to look for the source of
problem and what i can do in this regard, i would be very grateful. Please tell me if you are
experiencing similar problems or not and if so, what
you have done to remedy the situation.

I am overall very happy with the speed of the OS. It
is as fast as windows XP on my machine (other than the
boot process!) Konqueror is now so nice and fast to
use comparing to suse 8.1, redhat8.0 and libranet 2.7
and 2.8 that i have tried. It seems that they have
removed some of the KDE configuration options. I hope they are not going the way of removing even
more configuration options.